In the first instance customers should refer to www.which.co.uk which explains your consumer rights.
The first point of contact in the process should be between you and the retailer.
This warranty includes THEA500 Mini, THEC64, THEC64 Mini, THEVIC20, THEJoystick, THEGAMEPAD and THEMOUSE (jointly referred to as ‘the Hardware’), the user interface software (referred to as the ‘UI’) and any original supplied games included with the Hardware at the time of payment/purchase (referred to as ‘the Games’). Collectively, they are referred to as ‘the Product’.
Subject to the terms and exclusions detailed below, Retro Games Ltd warrants to the original consumer purchasing the Product in any country of the European Economic Area or Switzerland (“you”) that, for a period of 24 months from the date of the payment/purchase of the Product by you, the Product will be free from defects in both materials and workmanship.
Please be aware that this warranty does not cover the following:
- Software (other than the UI) or Games (whether included with the Product at the time of payment/purchase or not);
- Accessories, peripherals or other items intended for use with the Product that are not manufactured by or for Retro Games Ltd (whether included with the Product at the time of payment/purchase or not);
- The Product if it has been resold, or used for rental or commercial purposes;
- Defects in the Product that are caused by accidental damage, your and/or any third party’s negligence, unreasonable use, modification, use with products or software files not supplied, licensed or authorised for use with the Product by Retro Games Ltd (including, but not limited to, non-licensed game enhancements, copier devices, adapters, power supplies or non-licensed accessories), computer viruses or use of the product otherwise than in accordance with the respective instructions, or any other cause unrelated to defects in material and workmanship;
- Defects in the Product that are caused by the use of faulty, damaged or inappropriate power supplies or related leads or connectors;
- The Product if it has been opened, modified or repaired by any person or company other than Retro Games Ltd or its authorised partners;
- Loss of any data that has been loaded onto or stored on the Product by any person or company other than Retro Games Ltd or its authorised partners;
- Loss of data or any other content, such as the UI or the supplied Games, as a result of formatting the memory of the Product.
If you need to make a claim
To make a valid claim under this warranty, you must firstly follow the process as described in the consumer rights article, linked to above. If you are unable to resolve your issue following that process, then you may do the following:
Notify Retro Games Ltd of the steps already taken and the perceived defect in the Product within 24 months of the date of the payment/purchase of the Product by you, and only when instructed to, return the Product to Retro Games Ltd within 30 days of notifying Retro Games Ltd of that defect. To make a claim, please contact us via our website contact form.
Before sending the Product to our customer support (after getting in touch using the contact form), you should remove or delete any private or confidential files or data stored on the Product.
By sending the Product to Retro Games Ltd you accept and agree that Retro Games Ltd will not be responsible for any loss, deletion or corruption of your files or data that has not been deleted or removed.
When sending the Product to Retro Games Ltd Customer Support:
- Please use the original packaging supplied where possible;
- Please provide a detailed description of the perceived defect;
- Please attach a copy of your original proof of payment/purchase from the retailer you purchased the Product from, which indicates the date of payment/purchase of the Product and whom it was purchased from. If, having inspected the Product, Retro Games Ltd accepts that the Product is defective as described, Retro Games Ltd will (at its sole discretion) either repair or replace the faulty part causing the defect, or replace the relevant element of the Product without charge to you.
If the above 24-month warranty period has already expired at the time the defect is notified to Retro Games Ltd or if the defect is not covered by this warranty, Retro Games Ltd may still be prepared to repair or replace the part causing the defect or replace the relevant element of the Product (at its sole discretion). For further information or, in particular, details of any charges for such services, please contact Retro Games Ltd Customer Support via our website contact form.
This manufacturer’s warranty does not affect any usual statutory rights which you may have under consumer protection legislation as the purchaser of goods. The benefits described here are in addition to those rights.